Jack the Pumpkin King!~For the Ultimate Halloween Lover, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Love, Pumpkin Magick, Pumpkin Everything
One of my most requested candles, Jack The Pumpkin is back! And I really didn’t think he would be! Last year Jack introduced himself to the shop and we all loved him! Not only is he a handsome chap, he also smells like a crisp Autumn evening in New England. Just enough sweet and just enough spice. He’s a professional.There is quite a bit of folklore when it comes to old Jack, but one of the pieces of history that I really like is that people used to carve scary faces in turnips and other root vegetables to try and scare away evil spirits and ghosts. The word Jack o’Lantern is actually another name for Will o’ the Wisp, which a phenomenon where marsh gases create ghostly fire balls that look as though they are floating over the water. So when people started placing candles in the carved root vegetables they started calling them Jack o’Lanterns because they resembled the ghostly bog fires. Isn’t that neat?!Another piece of lore behind Jack o’Lanterns is if you keep them lit after Halloween night they could turn into blood thirsty vampire pumpkins! Anyways, there’s a fun story about Stingy Jack that you should read if you like folklore like I do.
Jack is scented with Pumpkin, Apple, Pear, Spices and some herbs from my witchy garden. I can make most of my candles unscented if requested.
🍂🎃This is a large candle that will give you many hours of enjoyment. I was surprised how large these container were when I opened the box, but I love that he's so big!🎃🍂
This listing is for one (1) Jack the Pumpkin King Candle made with all natural soy wax, an organic cotton wick, organic herbs from my garden, biodegradable glitter from The Glitter Nymph. If you decide to burn this candle you MUST remove everything before lighting. Never leave a lit candle unattended. Keep away from children and pets. Burn on a fire safe plate.
You must remove all decorations before lighting your candle. Always burn on a fire safe plate away from pets, children and anything flammable. Trim your wick before each light and do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.